• Should the TPI except membership from a cosmetic only tattooist?
The meeting decided unanimously that only mainstream tattooists are welcome as members. However, every case will be taken on its merits.
The main concern in this case was the use of anaesthetics together with no permanent address for the business.
• New membership certificates are at the printers and should be posted this week.
If any member does not receive the certificate please contact the number on the website.
• The TPI have been contacted by various large business concerns who are trying to syndicate and franchise tattoo and piercing studios.
They were told franchising is not possible, we are not interested, the industry isn’t interested and to go away and have nothing to do us in the future.
• The Welsh assembly are changing tattooing and piercing to licensing in the near future.
The Welsh based CIH four star rating scale, partially supported by TPI is been taken up by many councils across the UK. We would like to hear members feedback as to how the scheme is working, so we can steer it in a more professional, industry based direction for the future.
• It is hoped the next National TPIU meeting will be in London on Monday 16 February 2016.
However, this will depend on venue availability and the commitment of members to travel to London.
• Members are advised to comment on the TPI Facebook page and via the TPI website as to their ability to attend the meeting.